The Covid 19 pandemic raised awareness of systemic issues and challenges in eldercare organizations. It's time to rebuild public trust. Show them your willingness to adapt to a changing landscape by adopting a new approach to elevate eldercare services in your organization.
Empower non-clinical staff with knowledge and skills to foster positive change and better support your care team and residents now!
This is self-paced grassroots training that helps your staff develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills. It will increase social-emotional awareness and essential knowledge and tools to better connect and interact with seniors and staff. It will provide your employees with a better understanding of how to be proactive in better supporting your elderly customers and your skilled nursing staff decreasing stress and frustration.
This focused evidence-based training is an excellent addition to your current staff training and onboarding programs. It's a must for all non-clinical staff working in elder care organizations.
It can also be used as a pre-requirement to any advanced training especially HCA.
Understand the impact of aging and chronic disease
Gain Knowledge and interpersonal skills needed to work with seniors
Boost assessment, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Learn to recognize and respond to individualized needs
Gain patience, respect and compassion for seniors
Fast track unskilled staff with the right knowledge and skills to help support your frontline team
Improve budgets by saving staff and management hours in training and supervision
Gain peace of mind in knowing your employees have the right basic training to work with your clients and staff in a more helpful and meaningful way
- Welcome to The Elder-Host Certificate Training Program
- Elder-Host Training - Troubleshooting
- EHC- MODULE 1 - Stepping in their Shoes is a foundational training where students improve their knowledge and skills around aging, and develop empathy and compassion for older adults.
- Reflection Activity - Stepping in their Shoes
- EHC - MODULE 2 - Understanding Dementia This course provides an introduction to Dementia. Students will learn to identify key challenges and discover strategies to improve interactions with those suffering with Dementia.
- Dementia Assessment Quiz
- EHC - MODULE 3 - Lesson 1 - Communication Principles with Older Adults. Participants learn communication techniques that facilitate effective communication that lead to stronger interactions and relationships with elders and other staff
- Reflection Activity - Principles
- Lesson 2 - Communications Goals
- Reflection Activity - Goals
- Lesson 3 - - Communication Strategies
- Reflection Activity - Communication Strategies
- Lesson 4 - Communication Challenges
- EHC MODULE 3 - EXAM for Communication with Seniors
- Essential Age Wise Strategies
- Behavior Indicators and Thoughtful Action
- Conversations Starters
- Elder-Host Certificate
Can I take this course at my own pace?
Once you enroll in the course you will have 24/7 access, so you can work on it any time of day.
Do I have to take the whole course in one session?
The course is designed in a way that allows you to start and stop as desired. Once you resume the course it will automatically pick up again where you left off.
How long do I have access to the course?
From the moment you enroll the course content will be available to you for a 60day period. Just like any other course you take in college or university there is a start date and an end date.
Are there quizzes?
There is a short quiz at the end of each course. The quiz requires an 80% passing grade but don’t worry if you don’t pass the first time you are able to retry again until you do. Why do we include the quiz – It helps to reinforce the learning and our goal is not only that that you learn the skills and strategies, but you practice what we teach you in your everyday interactions with others.
Do I get a certificate of completion?
Yes, after successfully passing the quiz at the end of the course you can proudly print and display your certificate of completion.
Special group rates may apply for larger organizations
Complete the form below to request a quote for bulk licenses for your employees.